ACTECH – ACTFLEX 906 WPU is a Class 111 water based, solvent free modified polyurethane membrane for use in internal and external under tile or topping applications. ACTFLEX 906 WPU is a single component, highly flexible, high build, weather resistant waterproofing membrane with low VOC and is Non-Hazardous. ACTFLEX 906 WPU meets the requirements of AS3740 by complying with AS/NZ 4858.
ROLLER or BRUSH GRADE
STANDARD COLOUR: Grey
PACKAGING: 15 Litre (20kg) and 4 Litre (5kg)
- Meets the requirements of AS3740 (Waterproofing of Wet areas within a Domestic building) by complying with AS/NZ 4858 (Wet Area Membranes as a Class III membrane”).
- Meets the requirements of AS4654 – “Waterproofing membranes for external above-ground use” Non-Exposed.
- LOW VOC – meets The Green Star Environmental criteria
- Classified as Non- Hazardous and Non-Flammable.
ACTECH – ACTFLEX 906 WPU is suitable for the following applications:
- Internal bathrooms, laundries and wet areas.
- External podiums, retaining walls and balconies.
- Suitable for under tile or toppings applications.
- ACTFLEX 906 WPU can be used for internal and external applications.
Can be used over the following substrates – Priming required on all substrates.
- Fibre Cement Sheets – Walls (min. 6mm) Wet area grade only.
- Concrete – Cured for min. 28 days and left with a wood trowel finish.
- Renders and Screeds – Cured for min. 7 days and left with a wood trowel finish.
- Compressed Fibre Cement (min. 15mm) Wet area grade only.
- Plasterboard walls – (min. 10mm). Wet area grade only.
- Brickwork, block work, masonry, asbestos, sycon, cement, timber, metal and PVC
We do not recommend ACTFLEX 906 WPU be applied on particle board, platform floor sheeting, yellow tongue or chipboard surfaces, as they are not a suitable substrate for wet areas. This should be replaced with Wet Grade CFC sheeting.
ACTECH – ACTFLEX 906 WPU Advantages
- Tough, durable and highly flexible.
- Excellent build properties enable application to both horizontal and vertical surfaces.
- Does not re-emulsify after proper curing.
- Excellent resistance to embrittlement.
- Suitable to use in confined spaces.
- Weather resistant.
- Compatible bonding properties for tile adhesives, screeds and renders.
- Excellent adhesion to primed surfaces.
- Paintable with conventional acrylic paint.
- Can be rendered with polymer render and standard render (with bonding additive).
- Virtually odourless.
- Will not stain grout or tiles.
- After curing is permanently flexible (tested to class 111 – highest tensibility) & strong.
- Formulated for wet areas and under tile applications.
- Once cured will accept light foot traffic.
- Easy application by roller, brush or